The Red House Surgery are looking for two receptionists to join the busy team at the main surgery on Chesterton Road, Cambridge; working across the hours 08:30-18:30 Monday-Fridays, hours will be confirmed upon interview.
We need someone who:
has excellent inter-personal skills, both face to face and on the telephone,
has experience of working directly with the public,
will deliver a high standard of customer care and can remain calm, confident and professional when under pressure,
enjoys working as part of a team in a busy, and sometimes challenging environment,
works confidently on the computer and can manage a variety of different administrative tasks,
can think independently and use problem-solving skills whilst also adhering to policy and protocols,
is conscientious, reliable and can maintain absolute confidentiality when handling confidential personal information.
Full training will be given to the right candidate.
Reception duties include the following:
- Attend to patients at the reception desk, deal with their enquiries, book appointments with a variety of different clinicians.
- Answer the telephone and deal with all enquiries.
- Provide information and help to doctors, nurses, patients and colleagues.
Clerical duties will include the following:
- Sorting and actioning a variety of day to day correspondence.
- Using our medical computer system for a variety of tasks, e.g. making and cancelling appointments, adding patient details, processing repeat prescription requests and updating the database.
- Invite patients to attend the surgery for specific tests/procedures, ensuring quality of care targets are met.
- Extracting and accurate filing of medical records, letters and reports.
- Summarising paper medical records onto the practice computer system.
- Taking messages, making telephone calls for hospital appointments, obtaining test results etc.
- Assisting with a variety of administration and tasks as and when required.
The list of duties as outlined is not intended to be exhaustive, but indicates the main responsibilities.
Punctuality is essential; all staff must arrive and start work on time. Clothing must be of smart appearance. You will be required to wear a name badge, which will be provided for you.
We hold regular staff meetings, which you are expected to attend. The meetings provide an opportunity to discuss matters arising from the job and can be used for in-house training. As these sessions occur during a lunch hour, refreshments are provided.
All staff are required to attend and/or carry out on-line essential training as instructed by the Practice Manager i.e. Fire & Safety, Health & Safety, Safeguarding Children, Information Governance, Resuscitation.
The Red House Surgery’s Employment Candidate Policy is available on request.