The contact form is open Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) for online requests between 08:00 and 15:00. Sometimes, due to high demand and if capacity is reached, patient contact form may close earlier than 15:00. However, if your request is medically urgent for that day, please do ring the surgery and speak to reception.
Our phones are open from 08:30 – 18:00. After 18:00 please call NHS 111 or in the event of a medical emergency at any time, dial 999.
*For patient registered with the practice only
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices