The Red House Surgery handles medical records in line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we may also share medical records for medical research, for example, to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading, or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to request a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your identifiable information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to request that any mistakes in your medical record are corrected.
If you wish to view our practice Privacy Notice, please click on the link below. The notice includes information on how to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to seek advice or make a complaint if you need to do so.