Are you off work because you are unwell?

Self Certification for Sickness from Work

If you have been ill for 7 days or less, please complete a Self Certification form. Many employers have their own self-certification forms. If your employer doesn’t have their own form, you can use the Employee’s Statement of Sickness form below.

If you have been ill and off work for more than 7 days you will need a doctor’s certificate. These certificates are called ‘Fitness to Work’ Certificates. If you have not spoken to us about this illness yet, you will need an appointment.

*For patients registered with the practice only


If you are self-isolating and cannot work because of coronavirus (COVID-19) you can get an ‘isolation note’ online from NHS 111‘.  You should not contact the GP.